Areas Of Practice:
- Business Transactions
- Real Estate Transactions and Development
- Contract Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Wisconsin, 2013
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2013
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2014
- Minnesota, 2012 (not active)
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania – M.S. Geoscience
- Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota – B.A. Geology, Environmental Studies
Dan came to practice law from a background of natural science, having studied geology at the undergraduate and graduate levels. During law school, Dan served as a law clerk at the Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy. After completing law school, he took his first job at Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid, representing lower-income clients in immigration court.
Dan is an experienced litigator on both the plaintiff and defense sides, handling a wide variety of matters including bicycle and vehicle accidents, real estate transaction disputes and title issues, contract disputes, breaches of trust and fiduciary duty, probate issues, construction liens and nursing home neglect.
Beyond litigation, Dan also has experience with real estate transactions, contract drafting and review, guardianships, environmental compliance and American’s with Disabilities Act compliance.
Dan finds his greatest fulfillment in helping clients understand and weigh their options in the most informed manner possible, both in contentious and transactional matters.
Occasionally coming in handy is Dan’s interest in data science and visualization, in which he is currently completing coursework at Marquette University. He is also an avid baseball and Brewers fan, and a longtime recreational volleyball player, bowler, and runner.